Curious About Hypnobabies?
Let me send you a FREE CD with information about Hypnobabies Hypnosis for Childbirth and an excellent Relax Me Hypnosis Session as my gift to you – simply complete the contact form at the bottom of this page with your address!
Please contact me for details – classes are filling up quickly due to the Hypnobabies buzz! Signing up is easy – please use the contact form below, and an email will be sent shortly with additional information. To learn more about Hypnobabies!, please go to their website. Wonderful videos and stories await you there! For a great discussion about the difference between Hypnobabies vs. Hypnobirth classes from a consumer’s perspective can be found at this link. A reporter shares how she came to choose hypnosis for childbirth after reporting on the subject while she was pregnant, and then shares part of Heather’s hypno birth story.
What is Hypnobabies?
Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis is a method of childbirth preparation that teaches you hypnotic techniques, imagery and visualization to re-program your inner mind in a very POSITIVE way, which helps to lessen and in many cases eliminate, discomfort and fear from the birthing experience. Hypnobabies moms often experience comfortable, shorter, easier births.
Hypnobabies uses real Medical Hypnosis techniques called “hypno-anesthesia” which are learned, practiced and used in a much deeper state of hypnosis. These are the same ones used for non-anesthetic medical and dental surgical procedures for those who are allergic to medical anesthetics. We have a very high rate of unmedicated, comfortable births.
Hypnobabies is also a complete childbirth education course which covers:
- Staying healthy and low risk
- Detailed Birthing Choices information for creating Informed Consent
- Nutrition and Exercise program
- Optimum Fetal Positioning
- Turing a posterior baby
- Anatomy and Physiology of Birth
- Avoiding Back Labor
- Birth Empowerment Skills
- Training for Birth Partners
- Quick Reference handouts for labor
- Birthing Rehearsals using Hypnobabies techniques in class
- Newborn Care
- Postpartum Care for moms
Hypnobabies Childbirth Education includes:
- 18 hours of instruction
- 218 page workbook
- 7 instruction hypnosis scripts on CD, and 6 scripts on paper
- 2 Birthing CDs that keep Hypno-moms in hypnosis during labor
- Birth Partner’s Guide Booklet
- Birth Partner’s Relax and Be Confident CD
- Quick Reference Guide for labor
- New Mom and Baby Care booklet
- Many handouts
How does Hypnobabies prepare moms for better births?
- A Fear Clearing hypnosis session that helps to ‘deprogram’ the mother from any fears that come up for her during late pregnancy, and to help rid her of fears during birth itself, especially during early Birthing Time.
- A session to create “Special Safe Place” imagery in the mother’s mind.
- At least one cue/anchor for entering hypnosis instantly.
- Deepening Cues are verbal or physical cues that instantly deepen the Hypno-mom’s hypno-anesthesia and relaxation. Birth Partners practice these cues with the Hypno-mom for use during birth.
- Compounding – consistent daily repetition of hypnosis suggestions or techniques ‘compounds’ their effectiveness.
- Birthing Visualization – mentally, women “practice or rehearse” giving birth many times. This is most effective when done as a guided hypnosis session, allowing the mother to create her own birthing the way that she desires it to be.
- A Birth Hypnosis class should have at least 6 varied Birth Hypnosis scripts for the couple to practice with in preparation for birthing, with a specific schedule to follow so that compounding of all hypnosis suggestions can take place easily. At least 4 of the hypnosis scripts should be recorded sessions that the Hypno-mother can listen to on her own and use during her birthing.
- Clearing of previous negative birth experiences, whether her own or the observation of someone else’s, may have affected her beliefs about birth.
- Consumer Options and Birth Empowerment Issues – It is essential that the Hypno-couple learn not only hypnotic childbirth techniques, but also how to create informed consent, and how to make a great Birth Plan in order to avoid unnecessary interventions.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!